Poslední úprava: Mgr. Lukáš Krejčík (12.10.2015)
EMERGING LEGAL DISCIPLINES: MEDICAL LAW, SPORTS LAW, IT LAW
This course aims at introducing (some of) these new legal disciplines that arose often on the thin line between the Private and Public Law. The purpose of this course is to present the basic principles and most remarkable issues connected to these areas of law to the students and make them acquainted with approaches common to these legal (sub-)disciplines.
The Medical Law has received a lot of attention over the last decades as it is preoccupied with values central to human life and involves often great ethical implications. The Sports Law regulates not only a leisure activity but in the present world it is connected also to business activities as well as disciplinary or even Criminal Law issues (e.g. doping, liability for damages).
Outline of the course
1. Intro to European and Czech Medical Law (Dr. Krejčíková)
2. Euthanasia (Dr. Krejčíková)
3. Healthcare Management -Legal Issues (Dr. Sovová)
4. Informed Consent (Dr. Holčapek)
6. Civil Liablity for Medical Malpractice (Dr. Holčapek)
7. Sports Law - General Notion, Perspectives and Development (Prof. Kuklík)
8. Civil Liability in Sport (Dr. Sup)
9. Doping and Law (Mgr. Haindlová)
10. Contracts and Sport (Mgr. Kučera)
11. Jurisdiction over Sport Related Disputes (Dr. Kohout)
MASON, J. K.: Mason & McCall Smith´s law and medical ethics, 7th ed., Oxford: Oxford University Press, New York, 2006.
BLACKSHAW, I. S.: Sport, mediation and arbitration, Hague: T.M.C. Asser Press, 2009.
GARDINER S.: Sports law, 4th ed., London: Routledge, 2012.