- Completion of a master program.
- A positive approval of the admission committee.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30. 4. 2018.
In case of paper application please, send the application with required attachments via post-mail in paper to Marie Stanovská (email@example.com), Studijni oddeleni Charles University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Smetanovo nabrezi 6, 110 01 Praha 1, Czech Republic.
Please, choose study language: English, and study program: Economics, when filling the application form.
The required attachments are as follows:
- Certificates of graduate education.
- Transcript of undergraduate and graduate education (a list of courses taken and grades).
- Curriculum Vitae (structured, and with a list of publications).
- Evidence of advanced knowledge of English language (if available).
- Dissertation research project (min. 3 pages).
- Dissertation research project abstract (max. 200 words).
Highly recommended attachments:
- One recommendation letter of a prospective supervisor, preferably affiliated with the Institute of Economic Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences of Charles University.
- One recommendation letter of an academician.
- Any additional relevant documents (such as certificates of language skills). These might or might not be taken into account by the admission committee.
Specification for the academic letters of recommendation:
- Both recommendation letters should be attached to the application and also sent via email to the Director of the Graduate Studies at the Institute of Economic Studies Faculty of Social Sciences of Charles University, Prof. Evžen Kočenda (firstname.lastname@example.org), and in a copy to the administrator of the application process, Jan Žáček (email@example.com).
- The letter of a prospective supervisor should confirm the willingness of the preferably IES-associated academic economist to be the applicant’s supervisor in case of a successful application.
- The second letter should be written by an academician that can provide an academic and professional evaluation of an applicant.
The tuition fee is expected to be €500 per an academic year.
There is no entrance exam as a part of the admission process. It is assumed that an applicant possesses professional knowledge at the level of a graduate of the IES master program. The admission committee leads a technical debate about the quality of an applicant. The committee evaluates documents submitted by an applicant, especially the quality and the topic of the research proposal (max. 50 points). The committee also evaluates the motivation and overall preparation of an applicant for research and the doctoral studies (max. 50 points). An applicant can receive max. 100 points. The admission committee can ask for additional documents if necessary.